The Research Group Urban Landscape and Contemporary Project from University of Zaragoza was created in 2010 and has the approval as Consolidated Group from Aragon Government.
The general goal of the group research activities is to lead a sistematic exploration of the relationships that connect urban landscape and contemporary architectural design.
On one side, the aim is to go deeper in the knowledge of urban strategies and the configuration of urban landscapes with an interdisciplinar and international perspective.
On the other side, the analysis is focused in the contemporary architectural design nature,refered to urbanism and modern architecture. Both approachals mainly consider the relationships between city and housing.
RESEARCH GIDELINES AND ACTIVITIES
The Group mainly Works in two general research gidelines : Urban Design and Landscape and Contemporary Project ( or Architectural Design?). These two main guidelines are divided in some others:
URBAN DESIGN AND LANDSCAPE
– Urbanism, Urban Design,Landscape ( leader Javier Monclús)
– Architecture and Paintings ( leader Aurelio Vallespín)
– Cultural Landscapes ( leader Carmen Díez)
ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY
– Housing and City ( leader Belinda López-Mesa)
– Architecture and Photography ( leader Iñaki Bergera)
– Contemporary Architectural Design ( leader Carlos Labarta)
– Digital Architecture ( leader Luis Agustín)
– Architecture and Sustainability ( leader Belinda López-Mesa)
Some of the members of PUPC are part of ZARCH Journal, a magazine from the Unidad Predepartamental de Arquitectura from University of Zaragoza and also participate in the PhD Programme New Architecture Territories.